Friday 27 November 2009

I <3 NY

I LOVE NYC!! Its an obsession i have had for years, and one that i don't think ill ever grow out of. Its quite possibly one of the most exciting cities in the world, and my ultimate dream is to eventually move there after I graduate. Anyway, the point of me telling you this...... I decided to base one of my design projects on my admiration for NY, as well as other cities with similar character. Basically I will eventually create a collection of wallpapers based around the architecture in these cities. I just found a company that designs similar wallpapers to what I am aiming to produce. Check out a couple of there wall coverings..



What a great idea! But i want mine to be more of a design, rather then a simple (yet fabulous) picture of a skyline. I have started sketching, playing around with my sketches on photoshop/kaledo/illustrator and come up with a few designs that i would probably put into repeat to create the wallpaper. Here is a couple, they are just rough examples, but once i have completed the collection I will be sure to post the final pieces...







No comments:

Post a Comment